Lord’s Grace Church is looking for an Administrative Assistant to begin immediately. Time
commitment is 37.5 hours/week (e.g. Tuesday – Saturday 9am – 5pm or equivalent as
according to the church needs, excluding 0.5 hour lunch break).
Pay starting at $16/hour, and a raise after 3 months probation.
Reporting to the Senior Pastor, the assistant’s primary responsibilities would include maintaining
smooth office operation while assisting the pastoral team with church programs/activities/events
and general management of the church facilities. This position requires individuals who are
highly administrative, organized, detail-oriented, and able to work with minimal supervision and
demonstrate problem solving skills.
Administrative assistant responsibilities include: (but not limited to)
- Manage filing, mailings and general office needs on a daily basis
- Assist pastoral team in administrative work including powerpoint creation for worship and announcement; preparation of printed material in two languages for distribution; minutes-taking at staff meetings, and facilitation of regular sacraments such as Baptismal and Communion
- Assist in scheduling Senior Pastor’s appointments and pastoral team to be available at church during office hours
- Liaise with staff and direct enquiries from members/visitors/contract workers to appropriate department with discretion and sensitivity
- Assist in planning, coordinating and setting up premise for guest speakers, weekly formal programs (including AV setup) and other social events
- Coordinate schedules of formal programs and informal activities to maximize effective use of the church premise
- Assist in maintaining the membership database and uploading sermons updating the LGC website content.
- Record weekly offerings for monthly data entry
- Process reimbursements and accounts payable
- Document all meeting minutes, agendas and etc. to ensure follow up
- Assist in coordinating volunteer at annual events e.g. Summer Conference, Retreats, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter and etc.
- Coordinate and supervise office workers/volunteers
- Maintain standard of cleanliness and order in kitchen and church environment for public health safety
Required Qualifications and skills
- High–school diploma
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong oral and written communication skills in both English and Chinese Cantonese speaking required; Mandarin speaking an asset
- Ability to work with pastoral staff, deacon board, elders and church members from Cantonese, Mandarin and English congregations
- Flexible, collaborative, organized with excellent time management skill
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure of time
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office suite with strong emphasis on Excel, Word and Power Point
- Skilled with Traditional Chinese Input methods for Windows Computer
- Familiarity with Google tools and manipulation of Google Drive, Calendar, Docs, Mail and Sheets
- Experience with website content update and Simply Accounting
- A deep, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
To Apply: Applicants should submit: (1) a 1- page cover letter structured to address
qualifications, skills and role responsibilities as listed above, and (2) a resume, and send to
We appreciate all replies to this position posting, however, we will only contact short-listed